October Louisville ASHRAE Meeting
Wednesday October 14, 2015
11:30 AM - 1:00 PM
at the Alumni Center - UofL Belknap Campus
200 E Brandeis Ave
Louisville, KY 40208
Topic:: AHRI performance rating for dedicated outside air systems
AHRI Standard 920 document
· What is the new standard and why was it created?
· How to use the new rating values and why
· ASHRAE 90.1-2016 energy standard
· How has the standard been updated to address energy standards for 100% DX, DOAS systems
· Updated to include minimum rating values for 100% Outdoor Air, DX systems.
· Emphasizes off-peak conditions.
DX DOAS Equipment
· How does AHRI 920 affect a dehumidifier
Why you should use ASHRAE 90.1 minimum efficiency values to rate dehumidifiers
Speaker:: Tim Saunders
Midwest Regional Manager for Desert Aire Corporation, a manufacturer of pool dehumidifiers and dedicated outdoor air units. Tim has a Mechanical Engineering degree from the Missouri School of Science and Technology and has been working in the HVAC industry for (25) years.